Air-Edel Recording Studios have been working hard to ensure the safety of all our clients and staff during these unprecedented times. During April and May our team implemented measures to ensure that our historic studios can safely open while remaining a welcoming and creative hub. We are open and operating with the new protocols that have been put into place. Please do contact email@example.com to discuss your upcoming projects. We shall keep assessing all our protocols as guidelines continue to be amended.
Observing Social Distancing
- We have reassigned the people-flow through the building, ensuring social distancing at all times.
- The majority of Air-Edel administrative staff are currently working from home. The building is working with a small staff of engineer, assistant engineer (if required) and one front of house staff member. The control room has maximum personnel of 3 people per session. All live spaces will always have players placed at a minimum of 2m apart.
- Client/Studio start times will be staggered to allow for safe entrance into the building
- We have implemented a one-way flow round the building with clear signposting – preserving social distancing at all times. Studio 2 can be accessed by two staircases, one for travelling upstairs and the other for travelling downstairs.
- Each session will be discussed in detail and risk assessed. Please contact Natalie with any enquiries.
- Microphones are designated to each player/ actor for the entire duration of the session. All equipment including headphones / microphones etc. are thoroughly cleaned between clients.
- There are separate keyboard/mouse etc. for each Air-Edel engineer. External Pro Tools operators are, for the moment, encouraged to bring their own.
- We will designate one person on the session (eg. engineer) to handle any technical equipment that can’t practically be cleaned such as consoles etc.
PPE and Cleaning
- We strongly request that clients use their own PPE but we can provide face masks and gloves upon arrival into the studio building if this is not possible.
- We have recently had the building renovated and deep cleaned including all carpeted areas.
- Common touchpoints such as door handles are routinely cleaned throughout the day. Most internal doors are kept open at all times – ensuring that movement around the building requires no need to touch any door handles.
- We are asking that clients bring their own cups and water containers. We do offer recyclable disposable cups but are seeking to reduce any rubbish produced by each session.
- We have hand dryers and disposal paper towels in all our bathrooms.